New York City Backflow Prevention & Testing
Did You Receive a Backflow Violation?
Relax! Maxwell Plumb Will Take Care of EVERYTHING.
If you have received an order from the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) informing you that your premises is in need of backflow prevention devices , you may be wondering what you should do.
Make one easy call to Maxwell Plumb and your backflow problems are over. Our backflow team will take care of everything! We will immediately contact all proper authorities, fix any violations and work with you to determine your exact backflow needs, create a plan and submit the plan for approval.
Upon approval our licensed Master Plumbers will properly install your backflow prevention device to all codes and city regulations, arrange for all inspections and perform all required annual testing.
It’s That Easy with Maxwell Plumb!
We handle everything for you and that’s the reason why Maxwell Plumb has been New York City’s leading authority on Backflow Prevention Systems for over 22 years. Our team of designers, engineers, technicians and licensed Master Plumbers are backflow professionals with decades of experience.
We meet and exceed backflow industry standards. We will handle everything from design and engineering to plan approval, installation, repairs, and annual testing.
Benefits of Backflow Prevention Devices
Backflow and back-siphonage devices are designed to keep contaminated wastewater and sewage in their proper place and away from areas where they could cause sickness or harm. For example, produce washing sinks are required to have an air gap in their drain line. This “break” in the line keeps a sewer back up from contaminating the sink by allowing the backup to flow out of the air gap onto the floor instead of up the drain pipe and into the sink.
Without backflow prevention in New York City, a sewer back up in the middle of the night might go unnoticed and the next day a restaurant could be washing produce in raw sewage, right inside their produce washing sink. These devices are also used to keep any contamination from the restaurant out of the clean water supply.
Do not delay in calling Maxwell Plumb. If the device is not installed as ordered, a violation of up to $2,000 can be issued.
Schedule reliable & lasting backflow preventer installation in New York City by calling (718) 509-6398 or contacting us online today!
A Commitment to Excellence
Commercial & Residential
We are prepared to meet your residential & commercial needs. Trust the Maxwell Plumb team.
We believe in the value of proactive rather than reactive work to keep you protected!
30+ Years of Experience
We are bringing decades of New York experience to your home & business.
How Often Is Backflow Testing Required?
Backflow prevention devices in New York City require testing to monitor the performance of the device. This testing must be done at least once annually to effectively provide backflow prevention from pollution and contamination. It is important that backflow preventer assemblies are tested and maintained, as malfunctioning backflow preventers can lead to potentially hazardous cross-contamination of a drinking water supply.
The backflow testing process involves examining the backflow preventer for any issues, verification that it is correctly installed, inspecting for any physical damages and verifying its operation under normal operating conditions. By having backflow testing performed at least once a year, property owners can ensure their backflow preventer is functioning correctly and meets all necessary safety and performance standards.
Here’s What Maxwell Plumb Will Do For You:
- On-site evaluation and analysis to determine your best backflow solution
- Our engineers will design a backflow system that is in absolute compliance with DEP regulations – saving you costly violations or loss of business
- Delivery of design plans to the DEP for approval
- We are available for emergency repairs
- Our licensed Master Plumbers will professionally install your backflow system to our stringent specifications
- We will arrange for all inspections
- We perform the required annual testing
- We make backflow prevention easy for you
Maxwell Plumb Meets & Exceeds Backflow Industry Standards. We will handle everything from design and engineering to plan approval, installation, service, repairs and annual testing.
Call (718) 509-6398 or submit your info online to schedule comprehensive backflow inspection & testing, repair, or installation in New York City today!
New York City Backflow Compliance Rules & Regulations
To protect New York City’s water supply many businesses are legally mandated to install and maintain approved backflow preventers to avoid contaminated water or chemicals from flowing back into the public drinking water system. If you do not meet the new requirements you are subject to a costly violation of up to $2,000 and possible loss of business.
Device Installation & Inspection Procedure
The DEP has established the following criteria to install, operate and maintain a proper backflow prevention device:
- First, you must hire a Professional Engineer (PE) or Registered Architect (RA) to prepare two sets of backflow prevention plans for your property. These must be submitted with two application forms to DEP’s Cross Connect Control Unit for approval. If approved, the DEP will notify you via mail and return a copy of the plans to your PE or RA.
- Your backflow prevention device in New York City must then be installed in accordance with the DEP-approved plans. Installation must comply with NYC Department of Building's regulations and requirements.
- Once installed, the device must be tested by a New York Certified Backflow Prevention Device Tester.
- Once testing is completed, a test report must be filed immediately with DEP (within 30 days of device installation). In the event of an improper installation, DEP will notify you or your PE/RA. The device will need to be fixed and then resubmitted for inspection and certification.
- Your backflow prevention device must be properly maintained and will be subject to annual testing and inspection by a certified tester.
Signs Your Backflow Preventer Needs Repair
It's important to be aware of the signs that your backflow preventer may need repair. One of the key indicators is uneven water pressure or extreme fluctuation coming from different taps in the house; this could signify a defect in the backflow preventer. Additionally, uneven water pressure could indicate a leak.
Other symptoms can include cloudy or discolored water and slow drainage, which is indicative of an issue with your drainage system as well as your backflow prevention device. If you notice any of these issues, it's important to contact us to inspect and check for potential repairs or replacements needed—after all, it's better to be safe than sorry when it comes to your pipes and fixtures!
Request prompt & dependable backflow preventer installation, repair, or inspection & testing in New York City by calling (718) 509-6398 or contacting us online today!
“The customer service was over the top from the get-go - big thanks to Anita, Kim & Cynthia! They fit me into their very busy schedule and the tech Matthew was not only so kind and professional but he did a wonderful job! Thanks, guys!”